Get the Flash Player to see this player.
The Green Cleaners Council has recognized our efforts to achieve environmental sustainability in our cleaning processes, our operational practices and our investment in eco-technologies. They have evaluated every facet of our operation for environmental sustainability and certified us at the 4 leaf level for the following reasons:
- Recycle Hangers
- Biodegradable Poly Bags
- Reusable laundry bags
- We can wet-clean dry-clean only pieces with a biodegradable detergent
- We recycle paper & plastic and use recycled paper products
- All of our detergents are biodegradable
- We use a closed loop cooling system to minimize our use of water
- We are converting all of our lighting to high efficiency fluorescent lighting
- We have the newest most energy efficient cleaning machines in the industry
- We participate in Energy Star Network
- We purchase only Energy Star Sealed office equipment
- We participate in the U.S. EPA Green Power Partnership
- We have purchased Carbon Off set credits for our delivery vehicles
Madame Paulette’s reputation is built on unsurpassed standards and results. Not only do we care deeply about you, our valued clients, your wardrobes and homes, but also about the environment in which we all live. Rest assured, the The Madame Paulette Organization has always done and continues to do everything possible to help keep the environment “spotless” and safe, not only for us, but for future generations. “Our customers demand the very best and our mission is to insure that they receive it,” says John Mahdessian, President and Owner. As the leader in our industry, we have always taken the initiative to “establish” the standards.
Recently, Madame Paulette received an “energy” credit from New York State in acknowledgment of our conservation efforts; in a custom measure by purchasing the most energy efficient machines.
- Madame Paulette has met or exceeded the Department of Environmental Control and Department of Environmental Protection’s criteria and requirements in our “state-of-the-art” plant.
- Cleaning agents and protocols are constantly researched, tested and updated in order to use the most “eco-friendly” products on the market.
- Wet Cleaning is a water-based process that is considered more environmentally friendly which Madame Paulette has used for over twenty years whenever possible and is available upon request.
- Non-toxic detergents and innovative soy-based conditioners which enhance the drape, feel and precise sizing of your fabrics.
Join Our “Going Green” Program
- Madame Paulette has always been a huge supporter of “reusing” materials. This is considered one step better than “recycling.” You have the option to return them to Madame Paulette or to reuse them yourselves in your home or office.
- Madame Paulette reusable plastic hangers, which cannot be dented or bent.
- Poly bags are currently being made from recyclable materials. For reuse, just open them from the top and use them as a waste bag as all our poly bags are sealed at the bottom.
- Madame Paulette shirt boxes are made of acid free, corrugated cardboard and can be returned to us or reused to store your garments for a long period of time.
- In an effort to eliminate the use of plastic, we are developing a revolutionary, exclusive “Green Piece” bag which will be made of recycled materials, can be washed and will be available in various sizes to accommodate evening wear or even bridal gowns.
- “Green Piece” bags will function as the receptacle for dirty clothes coming to Madame Paulette and then be turned inside out for a safe and sanitary covering for the cleaned apparel.